Close X

What is Medical Payments Insurance?

Florida Accident! What is Medical Payments Insurance?

A.  Medical payments coverage or “med-pay” for short is a type of car insurance that you can purchase.  In Florida, personal injury protection or PIP, pays 80% of the doctor's charges leaving a 20% balance.  Med-Pay picks up the 20% balance.  Also, if you run out of your PIP benefit, which is currently $10,000, med-pay will pay your doctors up the amount of insurance that you purchased.  Insurance companies offer medical payments coverage from $1,000 to $25,000. 

You need to know that If you receive recovery from the other driver's insurance company because of the accident, your insurance company may require you to pay back all or part of the med-pay benefit.  This is not the case with PIP  Your insurance company has no right of reimbursement with PIP.

We all know that the cost of medical care is quite high.  If you do not have health insurance getting medical payments coverage on your automobile insurance policy can help you pay for your medical expenses if you're injured in a Florida car accident whether the accident is or is not your fault.

If you have any questions about a Central Florida car accident,  call (352) 267-9168 or fill out the Internet consultation form on the right.

What makes me Unique?

What distinguishes my firm from the many injury firms throughout the state is my background as a chiropractic physician treating injured patients for 17 years. This gives you the benefit of having someone fighting for you that understands the nature and extent of your injuries and your road to recovery.

We are Partners

If you are my client, we are partners in your road to recovery. You will always have direct access to me to have your questions answered.