Close X


How To Get Your Medical Bills Paid After A Leesburg Florida Car Accident

Posted by Guy DiMartino | Dec 05, 2012 | 0 Comments

How to get your medical bills paid after a Florida car accident?

If you're injured in a Florida car accident you may entitled to a maximum of $10,000 personal injury protection (PIP) benefits to pay your medical bills.  Florida is a no-fault state.  What that means is any person, whether they were at-fault for the accident or not, will be able to get medical care for their injuries if you are able to show the following:

  • If you have a motor vehicle (car, van, truck, but not motorcycle) registered in Florida and you bought at least the state minimum insurance, your insurance will pay your medical bills.
  • If you do not have a motor vehicle registered in your name but you live with a relative who owns a vehicle with insurance, the relative's insurance company will pay your medical bills.
  • You do not own a motor vehicle and you do not live with a relative who owns a vehicle, the other driver's insurance company will pay your medical bills.

Many people who are injured in Florida car accidents are confused because they think the at-fault driver's insurance company is responsible for their medical bills.  This is not the case because Florida is a “No-Fault”.  Under the law, you Must submit medical bills to your own insurance company if you are injured in a car accident. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it. Your insurance rates will not go up and your insurance company is not allowed to drop you if you were not at fault for the crash.

Florida car accident law is complex.  Florida No-fault (PIP) law changed in January 1, 2013. The current state of the law is this: 

  • In order to qualify for PIP you Must see with a healthcare provider within 14 days of the crash.
  • The base PIP benefit is $2,500 for medical expenses.
  • If a doctor, nurse practitioner, or dentist certifies that you have an “EMC” – “emergency medical condition” the benefit is $10,000 for medical expenses and lost wages.
  • The medical expenses under PIP will be paid according to the

If you have any questions regarding your injuries after a Leesburg, Florida car accident, call Guy S. DiMartino, DC, JD at (352) 267-9168 or fill out the internet consultation box.

About the Author

Guy DiMartino

I have loved helping people in need for almost three decades.  It has been my privilege to serve people as their pastor, chiropractor, and lawyer.  The current focus of my legal practice and lifes passion is helping the seriously injured receive complete compensation for their injuries. I am a ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

What makes me Unique?

What distinguishes my firm from the many injury firms throughout the state is my background as a chiropractic physician treating injured patients for 17 years. This gives you the benefit of having someone fighting for you that understands the nature and extent of your injuries and your road to recovery.

We are Partners

If you are my client, we are partners in your road to recovery. You will always have direct access to me to have your questions answered.