Leesburg Florida slip and fall accident lawyer explains what to do when a child gets hurt in a fall.
There is nothing that you wouldn't do to help your child who has been injured and is in pain. You would gratefully step in your child's shoes so he/she didn't have to suffer. However, you know that isn't a choice and that you need to make informed decisions about how to help your child after a fall injury. The decisions that you make now can impact your child's future. Thus, it is important to understand what you can do to help your child recover from her Florida fall accident injury.
7 Steps to Take When Your Child Has Been Hurt
If your child has been hurt in a fall, then it is important to:
- Get your child checked out immediately.
- Follow up with a trusted doctor.
- Ask questions and learn about different treatment options.
- Talk to your child's school about making up any missed schoolwork.
- Keep accurate records of your expenses related to the fall.
- Be careful about what you say to insurance adjusters trying to settle your child's claim. Your child should not speak to an insurance representative alone.
- Talk to a Florida slip and fall lawyer about how to protect your child's rights.
If you have any questions about a Leesburg, Florida slip and fall accident, you can call me directly on my cell phone at (352) 267-9168.
Image courtesy of artur84/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net